Fish Tacos With Pico de Gallo and White Sauce
- The Fish
- 1½ POUNDS WHITE FISH I USED TILAPIA
- 1 CUP ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
- 1 TEASPOON SALT
- 1/2 TEASPOON SEASONINGUSE THE BLEND OF HERBS AND SPICES OF YOUR CHOICE (I USED OLD BAY SEASONING)
- 1/2 TEASPOON OREGANODRIED
- 1/2 TEASPOON GARLIC POWDER
- 1/4 TEASPOON BLACK PEPPER FRESHLY GROUND
- 1 CUP BEER
- CANOLA OIL
- CORN TORTILLAS
- ICEBERG LETTUCESHREDDED
- The Pico de Gallo
- 5 FRESH PLUM TOMATOESSTEMS AND SEEDS REMOVED, FINELY DICED
- 1/4 WHITE ONION FINELY DICED
- 1 JALAPEÑO PEPPER STEMS, RIBS, SEEDS AND REMOVED, FINELY DICED
- 1 SERRANO CHILI PEPPERSTEMS, RIBS, AND SEEDS REMOVED, FINELY DICED
- 1/2 CUP CILANTRO LEAVESFINELY CHOPPED
- 4 SCALLIONS FINELY DICED THE GREEN AND WHITE PARTS
- SALT TO TASTE
- PEPPER TO TASTE
- 1 LIME JUICED
- The White Sauce
- 1/2 CUP MAYONNAISE
- 1/4 CUP SOUR CREAM
- 1 LIME JUICED
- Mix the flour with the salt, Old Bay seasoning, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Whisk the beer into the flour mixture until well blended.
- Rinse the fish with water and pat dry. Cut the fillets into twelve 1-by-5-inch pieces. Pour canola oil into a deep skillet to a depth of 3 to 4 inches. Heat to 350°F.
- Dip fish into batter and coat all sides. Place several pieces of fish in a single layer in hot oil. Cook for about 4 minutes or until the batter is crispy and golden brown. Repeat with the remaining fish. Lay them on a plate covered in a paper towel.
- Heat the corn tortillas in a skillet until soft and hot.
- To assemble, layer the lettuce, place the fish on top, add salsa (pico de gallo) and the white sauce. Top with a squeeze of lime. Fold tortilla over to serve.
Pico De Gallo
- Combine ingredients and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Mix ingredients until blended. Refrigerate until ready to serve.